Saturday, March 31, 2007

A New World Awaits

Well, I did it. I filed all the papers necessary for retirement. April 27 will be my last day of work as an RN at the Geriatric Psych Unit. Those of you who know my birthday will realize this is a fairly efficient exit! But it is a prayerfully-considered one.
Although I'm sure I'll have some withdrawal pains, right now I'm excited about all the possibilities of an unstructured calendar. I'm even excited about the challenge of having to be thrifty again, as my income will be dramatically slashed. I thank God everyday for my understanding and encouraging husband! More later...

5 Comments:

Blogger Rosemary said...

Retiring early was the best thing I did for myself! I hope it turns out that you feel that way, too!

I'm finally getting around to reading the blogs of all you wonderful folks who posted your sympathies on my blog since Daddy died. I can't thank you enough for your concern.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Rosemary said...

Hmmm....

Just a thought ... since you'll have more time now, would you consider joining BLOG VILLAGE?

5:57 PM  
Blogger mozartmovement said...

Hi,DB--Thanks for stopping by! Thanks, too, for your encouragement about retiring. I find myself getting a little sappy at work, thinking about what I'll miss--then I have an outrageous day like yesterday, which definitely confirms this is the right decision. I'm eager to try new things. I don't know what BLOG VILLAGE is, though. Can you direct me to more info? MM

8:46 AM  
Blogger Jeanine said...

The public is dying to know -- how is the New World treating you so far? :)

4:54 PM  
Blogger mozartmovement said...

Update coming soon!

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home