An Update
As I was reviewing my blog entries, I was reminded that I'd said "stay tuned" regarding how my medications were working. Here's the update. I'm taking Symmetrel 100mg three times a day. The major benefit is improved dexterity of my right hand, and smoother gait. My tremors persist, especially if I'm feeling at all stressed. As an experiment, on Thanksgiving weekend, I dropped back to one capsule a day. Though the effect was not immediate, in a few days it became clear that I needed to resume more medicine. Thankfully, I am still free of side effects. The desired effects, however, are similarly mild. It is at least _possible_ to write. One of my biggest frustrations continues to be how slow and awkward toothbrushing is. I certainly am not inconvenienced to the point that I wish for stronger medication. I'm coping, if sometimes embarrassed. One of the patients at work "diagnosed" me, making me quite self-conscious. All the more because, working on a psych unit, I'm aware that Parkinson's symptoms are much the same as psych-med side effects! Memorably, a while back, one of our little old ladies asked what I was "on." She summarily dismissed my admission that I had Parkinson's. Of course she also insisted I was her family member, so I tried not to take it all too much to heart...
Just a few musings and reflections on a very rainy Tuesday. More later.
Just a few musings and reflections on a very rainy Tuesday. More later.


1 Comments:
I know a lot of PWP are embarrassed by their situation, which I'm not, but I do think I would be very embarrassed if someone in a psych ward thought I was on psych meds! LOL
I'm glad the Symmetrel is working for you.
Post a Comment
<< Home