Saturday, August 19, 2006

I'm here, now what?

As friends and family develop blogs, I've decided to give it a try myself. I envisioned an outlet for the exercise of composing cogent essays. I'm finding my current email discussion lists are limited as forums for full expression. --Well, "MennoLink" and "Ask the (Parkinson's) Dietician" were never intended to be all things to all people!--
This is not going to be one of those cogent essays, but merely a brief introduction on a rainy Saturday morning.
As a hospital-based geriatric psych nurse, I value my Saturdays off. A leisurely warm-up at the computer will help with my housecleaning efficiency later in the day, I'm sure. Then I'll do a circuit over at Curves, in an attempt to strenghthen my bones and posture. Happily, neither Hubby nor I will need to water the grass today. I anticipate a phone call from my sister, the peace activist, who leaves for the Middle East next week. I will take some time to proceed through _Islam and the Jews_, an eye-opening book by Mark Gabriel, Ph.D. (This gentleman grew up as a Muslim, memorized the Koran by age 12, and taught Islamic history at Al-Azhar University before he became a Christian).
I believe I will also actually inform people of my blogspot!
More later--

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, how do you like the blogging? Incidently, the idea of writing cogent essays is why I never started a blog. I just comment on other people's...

2:39 PM  
Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

Hi! Welcome to the blogging world! It's a little addictive, I should warn you, but there's no pressure to write perfect essays or anything. Just have fun.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Jeanine said...

Off to a great start, I think! You sound pretty diverse to me. :)

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home