Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What have I done?

Anyone that thinks I'm a little full of myself is probably right. But I was reviewing my old posts, and musing that perhaps I've written a few things that others might find interesting. I myself am astonished to re-visit my thoughts as I started Parkinson's meds, and weighed the pros and cons of retiring, in the '06 and '07. Hello to any new visitors from NPF !

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

As I read your thoughts today I wondered when was it that I started reading your blog. I went back to your first writing and went forward. I found that the first blog I had read was written in March 2007. I recall that I would see www below your NPF comment and often wondered what that signified. I clicked on it, evidently early in 2007, and have looked forward ever since then to reading what was significant to you. My favorite blogs are Human Dignity and Up-North Dreaming.

I don’t know if at a very early age treating people and animals with dignity was instilled within me or if I was born this way. Regardless, treating everyone with kindness and respect is paramount. Even those we dislike.

When I was eight, living with my mother and sisters in Bay City, I would lay awake early in the morning listening to Daisy’s many kids playing outside. The din was irritating bordering on excruciating. I became more earnest in praying every night as I lay in bed asking God to place a lake outside the bedroom window with a large hill on the other side. Daisy’s many children not in sight or to be heard. Many years went by and one morning when I got up and looked out the bedroom window the lake with the hill was there. I think we had lived here a couple of years before I realized the childhood prayer had been answered. Even though there is pain and grief in our life there are always reasons to be thankful.

Ken from Up-North

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home