A New Season
Seems like nobody’s posting on their blogs these days. But I should talk–how long has it been? Anyway, this is a new season. After a uniquely strenuous summer, I was starting to feel at loose ends. I’d enjoyed my first year of retirement, but now I was feeling undirected and lazy. At just the right moment, a job opportunity presented itself. I’d worked out at Curves for two years-- now I’m working _at_ Curves! The two mornings a week give my schedule needed structure–and the pin money is a nice affirmation. I’m enjoying my co-workers, and the ladies that come in. Sure, sometimes we’re dragging, but the atmosphere remains positive. I’m energized by the new focus. Excuse me if I have nutrition and health habits on my mind. I’m currently delving into the worth of mushrooms–because somebody asked....
Our grandmothers’ wisdom that mushrooms are "empty" has been disproved. Current studies shows they’re packed with vitamins, minerals, and a surprising amount of protein. They’re low-calorie, low-sodium, fat- and cholesterol-free. Research into their positive effect on immune function is ongoing. For more illumination, see http://mushroomcouncil.com.
In spite of my current obsession with fruits, vegetables, and mushrooms, I just can’t seem to shake carb cravings. Gotta have my graham crackers!
On other fronts, I finally cleared our basement of returnable cans, and I cleaned it up sufficiently to greet "the basement guy." Last weekend’s six inches of rain strained our waterproofing system, but not as much as last spring’s storm. We have a lifetime guarantee, so I’m not worried about it. I believe I’ve pinpointed the source of the water entry, so we should be all fixed up soon.
And I’ve started indulging in novels from the library. I was on a Dean Koontz kick until I got into _The Taking_ . How bizarre, I couldn’t finish it. Patricia Gaffney seems to be both gentle and compelling, but I’ve only sampled one of her books. Here’s to diversion!
I saw my neurologist for a six-month check. I’m tolerably symptom-free on my current medication, so no changes.
September always excites me. That back-to-school is a feeling so deeply ingrained that it doesn’t seem to matter that I haven’t been there for ages. But like new crayons, new shoes, and new classrooms, my new season feels promising.
Our grandmothers’ wisdom that mushrooms are "empty" has been disproved. Current studies shows they’re packed with vitamins, minerals, and a surprising amount of protein. They’re low-calorie, low-sodium, fat- and cholesterol-free. Research into their positive effect on immune function is ongoing. For more illumination, see http://mushroomcouncil.com.
In spite of my current obsession with fruits, vegetables, and mushrooms, I just can’t seem to shake carb cravings. Gotta have my graham crackers!
On other fronts, I finally cleared our basement of returnable cans, and I cleaned it up sufficiently to greet "the basement guy." Last weekend’s six inches of rain strained our waterproofing system, but not as much as last spring’s storm. We have a lifetime guarantee, so I’m not worried about it. I believe I’ve pinpointed the source of the water entry, so we should be all fixed up soon.
And I’ve started indulging in novels from the library. I was on a Dean Koontz kick until I got into _The Taking_ . How bizarre, I couldn’t finish it. Patricia Gaffney seems to be both gentle and compelling, but I’ve only sampled one of her books. Here’s to diversion!
I saw my neurologist for a six-month check. I’m tolerably symptom-free on my current medication, so no changes.
September always excites me. That back-to-school is a feeling so deeply ingrained that it doesn’t seem to matter that I haven’t been there for ages. But like new crayons, new shoes, and new classrooms, my new season feels promising.


1 Comments:
Your new job sounds fun!
Post a Comment
<< Home