blogging on slogging
We're back from the Texas reunion--always wonderful to rub shoulders with those good folks. I subsequently tumbled into the Slough of Despond. But friends and family have graciously borne with me, and with their help, I have slogged upwards sufficiently to plant my feet on the Beach of Equilibrium. I'm trying very hard to focus on life-satisfaction which is free from my placing expectations on others. Independence is hard for us relationship-nurtured women, but, I vow to (at least) act unentwined. I'll try to be upright, as I was reminded by a spiritually astute friend at church this morning. What, you say? What arrogance is that? No, not the usual reading of the word, but _ up-right_. As in, standing up straight, not falling over, not crawling back into bed. It's a start. It's easy to say God is in control, but it's hard to maintain good posture.


5 Comments:
I send you a cyber-hug and lots of love!
thanks,sweetie
Glad you are feeling at least a little better. Ken
Ken, I'm always a little surprised to know my blog is read! Thanks so much.
A perhaps applicable thought from C.S.Lewis: "Love anything and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly be broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket – safe, dark, motionless, airless – your heart will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. The alternative to tragedy, or at least to the risk of tragedy, is damnation." I guess, being love-entwined is not the most dangerous dysfunction after all.
Post a Comment
<< Home