September mood
It's been a long time since I had to pay attention to a back-to-school calendar, but September air still invigorates me. I find myself thinking of new possibilities, with new enthusiasm. Our short trip "up north" was pleasant, though packed with conversation rather than the expected contemplation. Now that the leaves are depositing reds and golds on the sidewalks, I find nostalgia intruding at odd moments. I've started to play my cello again. Reading pencil marks on music I played from grade school through college augments my moodiness. What was I doing in Dec. 1970? (Ain't telling). Or May '71? How about those years I grabbed the me-time, taking cello lessons, starting when my youngest was in kindergarten? Shouldn't I be sewing little jumpers, like in those years, or driving daughters to dance classes? I got a little choked up while sorting through things yesterday, discovering old refrigerator magnets from both the dance studio and the orthodontist! But that was then, this is now. Hubby and I took our first ballroom dancing class on Monday. Quite different from the squaredancing we did in the '80's, but enough similar to tug memories to the surface. It will be fun togetherness. I think we'll be able to execute the moves ok, and still be friends by the time its over! We were both relieved that, unlike squaredance class, we can dance exclusively with the partner we came with. I'm afraid this isn't going to be a profound post, just a pudding of loosely-connected thoughts. I read somewhere this week, that thousands of writers have dropped out of blogging, unable to meet the expectations of their public. Some wrote as often as every 6 hours, and a lapse caused alarm among their readers! Every six hours! I'll try for a little more often than every six weeks!


4 Comments:
You must keep us updated on the ballroom dancing, though! At least it doesn't require poufy skirts.
No poufy skirts, just comfortable shoes. So far, the Jitterbug is the most challenging. I keep thinking of all those dance-studio years, where my daughters had to move their feet and think at the same time! We cam do this!
I found you through the Parkinson's forum when you posted your bio. I appreciate your blog and your contribution to the Forum.
Blessings,
Judy
Thanks, Judy
Post a Comment
<< Home