What's to say?
I continue to be embarrassed at how long it takes me to write new entries. Not that I have an extensive audience waiting breathlessly! I've been pretty distracted. And a little depressed. And somewhat sleep-deprived. It seems not to matter if I go to bed at 9 or 11, I still wake up at 4:20. Not that this is a bad time to contemplate life...
I've been carrying out my usual routine. Daily walk. Curves 3-4 times a week. I continue to tutor a mother of six in English as a Second Language once a week (unless she cancels). I've caught up on some minor home improvements: I painted my backstep railings and the backdoor threshold. I recaulked one side of the bathtub. I'm starting to prune our bushes (a multi-session task!). Cutting the grass and weeding my garden patch are always available as therapy. I haven't been up to reading any "heavy" books, but I've found some diverting fiction--most recently The Kite Runner (it ties in with my eagerness to learn of my tutoring student's Middle East culture). I'm starting Hosseini's second novel now. And I'm trying to keep up on reading through the Bible according a plan our church distributed at New Year's. One isn't always in the mood for prophets and judges, but to tell the truth, I sometimes find the Old Testament readings more engaging than the New. I confess, I stopped rereading Proverbs every month, in the interest of time. I've been feeling a little burdened by the loss of "work"--for the first time since I retired a year ago. I am certainly glad not to be in my former job. It was time to leave. And I hear things have continued to deteriorate. I'm relieved to be out of the healthcare scene. But not having to think about how to fill the day--and being paid for it--has undeniable appeal. It's not the season to seek a job, though, I know that. And I very much appreciate my freedom. I'm headed out for a church ladies' retreat this weekend, and next weekend, away with family. And we have our Texas vacation scheduled next month. What luxury not to have to get an "ok" in advance! Believe me, I count my blessings. Finding that sentiment hard to top, I'll sign off...
I've been carrying out my usual routine. Daily walk. Curves 3-4 times a week. I continue to tutor a mother of six in English as a Second Language once a week (unless she cancels). I've caught up on some minor home improvements: I painted my backstep railings and the backdoor threshold. I recaulked one side of the bathtub. I'm starting to prune our bushes (a multi-session task!). Cutting the grass and weeding my garden patch are always available as therapy. I haven't been up to reading any "heavy" books, but I've found some diverting fiction--most recently The Kite Runner (it ties in with my eagerness to learn of my tutoring student's Middle East culture). I'm starting Hosseini's second novel now. And I'm trying to keep up on reading through the Bible according a plan our church distributed at New Year's. One isn't always in the mood for prophets and judges, but to tell the truth, I sometimes find the Old Testament readings more engaging than the New. I confess, I stopped rereading Proverbs every month, in the interest of time. I've been feeling a little burdened by the loss of "work"--for the first time since I retired a year ago. I am certainly glad not to be in my former job. It was time to leave. And I hear things have continued to deteriorate. I'm relieved to be out of the healthcare scene. But not having to think about how to fill the day--and being paid for it--has undeniable appeal. It's not the season to seek a job, though, I know that. And I very much appreciate my freedom. I'm headed out for a church ladies' retreat this weekend, and next weekend, away with family. And we have our Texas vacation scheduled next month. What luxury not to have to get an "ok" in advance! Believe me, I count my blessings. Finding that sentiment hard to top, I'll sign off...


4 Comments:
I prefer the Old Testament, personally. Not only is there a whole lot more action, but I find that the more I understand it, the more I understand the New Testament anyway.
On another note, how did you like The Kite Runner? It's on my list of books I own but haven't read yet.
Hi, Jana,
I liked the Kite Runner. It has some terribly sad parts, but the window into the Afghani culture is very valuable. And it was a compelling read. I just finished _A Thousand Splendid Suns_. Mainly because the wrap-up chapter was so unsatisfying--dare I say clumsy-- I didn't like it as well as Kite Runner. Still, worth reading.
WOW! You certainly do have your fingers in lots of pies at the same time. I am not constitutionally wired that way. My first online alias, one that I still use at times, was 1track ... for very good reason.
I hope the Mirapex is working out for you, and the nausea has gone away. Are you still having the insomnia problem? I had that while I was on PD meds, but have not dealt with it since being off them. I did get great relief while I needed it from the TAP dental appliance. Much easier to deal with than CPAP.
I pray you are having a day full of blessings, too!!
Thanks,DB.
Mirapex is working ok, though I'm having some break-through symptoms on my current dose. Yes, I'm still having insomnia, but I think it's because of what's going on in my life, not the meds. Thanks for stopping by!
Post a Comment
<< Home