Saturday, January 30, 2010

time for blogging

I've been encouraged to get back to the blogging desk by the posts of long-absent others. So here we go. Not that much is happening. I'm enjoying my parttime job at Curves. The ladies are wonderful, and I really believe in the exercise program.

I've been knitting lots of socks, and now a sweater for myself is nearly done. Nice to rediscover the homely benefits of handcraft... thanks to those who propelled me to venture into the world of sock-creation! One thing does lead to another. I, admittedly, have not required much of myself this season of hibernation-wishes. The holidays were very satisfying, though. Happily my houseguests are as self-care as they come. And the doggies were welcome, and, in fact, quite delightful. Though I have reaffirmed my conviction that I should not have a full-time pet!

My Parkinson's is under control with a dopamine agonist. I am vigilantly on the lookout for side effects. I can't blame my #14 weight gain on anything but dietary habits. At that, I'm still ok, but it's time to be a little more disciplined. I will be more consistent in my daily walk, and I will redesign my "take it to work" lunch menu. To tell the truth, after being under #110 for three or four years, it's kind of a kick to be a bit plumper. Plus I can give blood again. I am looking with optimism towards spring. Please comment so I know I have readers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rick VanGameren said...

Here.
Just checking in to let you know I am. Here, that is.
God bless you,
Rick

10:33 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

yes, you have readers! I thought you seemed too skinny when you were under 110 -- I'm glad it's back up. :)

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home